Dr Scott Nimmo
Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon.
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

I have noticed something on my springer poo skin. His skin

Customer Question

Hi I have noticed something on my springer poo skin. His skin is white and fur black it looks like it is growing out of his skin. I first thought it was a tick but it's not, it is flat and pointed and white. I have noticed he has a couple of others on his leg and one on his side.
Could this be a skin tag?
Becky
Expert:  Vet replied 2 years ago.
Hi Becky, vet Andrew here. Yes, what you describe sounds exactly like a skin tag, also known as a papilloma. They are common, particularly in Springers. The only unusual thing in Oscar's case is that he is a little young to be getting these. However, my advice with these growths is to do nothing - they do no harm and do not really spread or grow much. If one is in a place where he keeps knocking it and it bleeds and gets infected, that would be the time to consider removal. Where is Oscar's tag?