Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in large and small animal medicine.
16881297

We have had our- 9 week old puppy at home days now and

We have had our- 9 week old puppy at home for 9 days now and she does not seem to settle at night (she persistently cries and soils her bed) she has plenty of exercise before bedtime and sleeps in a large dog crate. We have had dogs before but have never come across this problem which has lasted so long - we have used a adaptil spray and are ordering a diffuser. Any hints would be welcome.
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 2 years ago.
Good Afternoon and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

The first problem is the crate...this needs to be small so Amber cannot get away from any urine or stool. The Spray will help but make sure the crate is smaller.

This LINK will eplxian in more detail.

You may need to ignore the crying at night until Amber decides that this is a safe place. You can do this by feeding her in this crate and putting her in the crate when you leave the house and not only at night. After this, Amber will get the idea about where to urinate and defecate.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****