Dr. B.
Dr. B., Board Certified Veterinarian
Experience:  General practice veterinary surgeon with extensive experience in a wide range of species.
60269376

What would is an estimated cost of patella luxation be for

What would is an estimated cost of patella luxation be for a King Charles spaniel
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 2 years ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

Now prices do vary by veterinary practices, regions, and whether the surgeon is a surgical specialist or a general practitioner. That said, generally speaking, a straight forward patellar surgery of this nature would usually cost between £800-1500. This could increase a wee bit if the dog required antibiotics, additional x-rays, or additional care.

I hope this information is helpful.

If you need any additional information, do not hesitate to ask!

All the best,

Dr. B.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need as this is how I am credited for assisting you today. Thank you! : )
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can you recommend a vet in Hampshire that can do this surgery
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 2 years ago.
Hi again,

Your local vet should be able to advise you on this if you ring them; as they will be familiar with those capable surgeons in your area. That said, you can check for your local surgeons via the RCVS register (HERE). If you use the advanced feature, you can select for a specialist surgeon or orthopaedic surgeon to find those who do this operation in the area. Just based off the bit of information you noted, using "hampshire" (though a post code will likely work better for you, so do try that), I can see that Anderson Moores Veterinary Specialists (The Granary, WINCHESTER, SO21 2LL) and Southern Counties Veterinary Specialists (LLP Unit 6, RINGWOOD, BH24 3JW) are within the county.

Otherwise, as I noted using the above link with your post code will help you narrow this down. And as this can be done by some general practice vets, you may want to ring around the local practices to see if they offer this and if so request an estimate for them to do so. That way you can comparison shop a wee bit and find the facility that will work best for you.

All the best,

Dr. B.