Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in large and small animal medicine.
16881297

My yorkshire terrier dog 10yrs old has broken his ankle bone

Customer Question

my yorkshire terrier dog 10yrs old has broken his ankle bone at the bottom of his foot,x rays have been taken and also can i consult another vet for a second opion and have copies of the x rays,he also discovered the dog a has an enlarged heart which he says is a thing which happens as dogs get older
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 2 years ago.
Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

I am so sorry to hear about your sweet Mickey's condition and I know this is frightening...

It is important for sweet Mickey that this break be done in the best way possible for his quality of life. If this is not repaired, he will have considerble pain through the rest of jis life and that is not good. Mickey is an anesthetic risk for sure due to his enlarged heart but if the meidcation is given to increase the contractility of his heart prior to the surgery, he has a very good chance of coming through this and ending up with no pain and a heart that is being treated with the best medication possible. The Vetmedin does increase the contractility of Mickey's heart to help give him a better quality of life. This is all worth it even though I know you are very worried about your sweet guy. Your vet that is doing this procedure will use all of the state of the art devices to keep Mickey safe during thsi procedure.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****
Thank you so much, Hammondty, for your kind rating. It is very much appreciated! Even though you have rated, we can still communicate. If you have other questions, please Reply. I am always happy to help. I hope sweet Mickey does well.

Have a wonderful day!!