Dr Scott Nimmo
Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon.
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

Is it ok to keep a cat indoors with litter tray etc !

Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thanks for requesting me
I will be very pleased to work with you today and will try my best to answer your question to your satisfaction.
1. The answer here is yes, this is just fine. Many of my clients keep cats in the house like this and I actually have two house cats myself. Many cats are very happy and content in this sort of environment but if you have the space consider keeping two so they are company for each other.
2. Some people think keeping cats like this is unnatural but there are benefits, for example freedom from dangers in the outside world such as car accidents, dog attacks or straying.
I hope I have covered your question fully enough but if you would like further clarification or to talk things over a bit more then I will be on-line for the next hour or so and I will be more than pleased to continue working with you.
Regards,
Dr Scott
Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.