Vet
Vet, Veterinarian
Experience:  I have spent many years in mixed practice, dealing with all the major species.
76153631

My bampton hen has green poo, a messy bottom. She looks a bit

My bampton hen has green poo, a messy bottom. She looks a bit lethargic and swollen. She does still eat and drink ok. She does seem to waddle.
There is another hen with her.
Expert:  Vet replied 2 years ago.
Hi there, vet Andrew here. Sorry to hear your hen is not well. From experience, the easiest way to sort these problems, which are very common at this time of year, is to treat for all three main possible causes, which are: worms, coccidiosis, or a bacterial infection. This is much quicker and cheaper than trying to diagnose the actual cause. Drop in to your local vets and request a course of treatment suitable for two hens. This will most likely be Flubenvet, Baycox and Oxytetracycline. Remember that the eggs from these treated hens will be inedible for 7 days after the last dose.
I hope this helps, but please feel free to ask if you are unsure about anything.
Vet Andrew