Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in large and small animal medicine.
16881297

MY THREE YEAR OLD LABRADOODLE NEVER LEAVES MY DOG PROOF PADDOCKS.IS

Customer Question

MY THREE YEAR OLD LABRADOODLE NEVER LEAVES MY DOG PROOF PADDOCKS.IS IT THEREFORE NECESSARY FOR HIM TO HAVE ANNUAL BOOSTER INJECTIONS? I HAVE READ THAT THEY CAN BE DETRIMENTAL.
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 2 years ago.
Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

There has been research to prove that these vaccines can be safely given every 3 yrs. Even though Lester is in a dog proof area, there are many vectors of tehse diseases. Some are air borne and others can be brought in by flies or other insects or with shoes. Lester is not totally safe because he is not in touch with other dogs...these diseases can be brought in many ways and Lester would nto be protected and he will be more susceptable to tehse diseases than other dogs. I urge you, even though there have been very few bad reactions to these vaccines, to vaccinate Lester every 3 yrs just to be safe.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I HAVE READ THAT THE MAIN BENEFICIARIES ARE THE DRUG MANUFACTURERS AND VETERINARIANS NOT THE DOGS. HENSE MY QUESTION. THANK YOU FOR YOUR ADVICE. I WILL GET VACCINATIONS EVERY THREE YEARS AS YOU SUGGEST. PLEASE DO NOT CHARGE ME FOR THIS MESSAGE.

Good for you, Jim....

Thank you so much, Jim, for your kind rating. It is very much appreciated! Even though you have rated, we can still communicate. If you have other questions, please Reply. I am always happy to help.

Have a wonderful day!!