Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in large and small animal medicine.
16881297

Our cat is a nightmare when we take him to the vets, he is

Customer Question

Our cat is a nightmare when we take him to the vets, he is a large cat being a BSH and because he is big (8 kilos and a metre long), and does have a terrible tantrum every time we go to the vets. He is now 7 years old and so far has only been going once a year for a check up and his annual booster. Is there anything we can do to calm him down so that nobody has to go to the Doctors for antibiotics.
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 2 years ago.
Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

This is not unusual so do not feel alone. There are many cats that really dislike going to the vets. In these cases, I would prescribe a tranquilizer called Acepromazine that is given 1 hour prior to going to the vets office. It tranquilizes them enough so they can be handled and examined without that extreme anxiety that poor little Woolfie experiences when going to the vets office. Ask your vet about this....

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****
Thank you so much, Janice, for your kind rating. It is very much appreciated! Even though you have rated, we can still communicate. If you have other questions, please Reply. I am always happy to help. I hope Woolfie will be calmer at the vets.