Dr Scott Nimmo
Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon.
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

My cat is dry heaving and drinking a large amount of water.

Customer Question

Hi my cat is dry heaving and drinking a large amount of water. She was fine this morning. Do I need to take her to the emergency vet please?
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 2 years ago.
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice. There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you. 1- How old is she? 2- Is she drinking more than usual? 3- Any pre existing medical condition?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi - she is one year old. Yes, like I say, she is drinking a large amount of water. No definite pre-existing conditions, but I have discussed with the vet before whether she might have IBD, because she is very small for her age and has loose stools all the time. But she has never done this dry retching and drinking loads of water before....

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Answer came too late.