Dr. Michael Salkin
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience.
55012488

Can one use Lexicon and Atypical at the same time?

Customer Question

Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 2 years ago.
Yes, there are no listed drug interactions between the two in the bible Plumb's Veterinary Drug Handbook, 8th edition. There will be an increased risk of gastrointestinal distress, however. The new cytokine antagonist oclacitinib (Apoquel) should be considered in such a patient. It works as well as a corticosteroid without the adverse side effects of steroids. It's currently difficult to obtain, however, but worth asking your vet about. Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.
Thank you for your kind accept. I appreciate it.
You may receive an inappropriate follow up sent by the site ostensibly sent by me. It wasn't and I apologize in advance should you receive it.
Please disregard the info request.