Dr. Michael Salkin
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience.
55012488

I have a Greek client in Athens who has a Greek veterinary

Customer Question

I have a Greek client in Athens who has a Greek veterinary prescription for 40
Chloramphenicol tablets 500 Mg (4 pills a day for 10 days) for her dog but because of the current Greek situation she cannot get hold of these tablets. I have an e-mailed copy of the prescription and the original can be couriered if needed. Are you able to help in obtaining these tablets so I can courier to Greece. I would pay the cost using my English debit card and the tablets can be sent to me for couriering to Greece or sent by you direct to Greece. Having telephoned a number of suppliers they will only accept an English vets prescription.
Thanks. John Fairhead
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 2 years ago.
Aloha! You're speaking with Dr. Michael Salkin
John, I regret to inform you that I'm not allowed to prescribe through this venue. Our state boards of veterinary medicine don't consider our conversation to be a proper owner-pet-vet relationship which then prohibits prescribing prescription drugs. I'm sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you.