Dr. B.
Dr. B., Board Certified Veterinarian
Experience:  General practice veterinary surgeon with extensive experience in a wide range of species.
60269376

I have a stray elderly cat who wandered in last week in

hi i have a stray elderly cat who wandered in last week in june last night he was very distresed shaking and vomited idont know if he was attacked by another cat as i heard a commotion in next doors garden the reason i have to turn to the pdsa is because i am on a pension and cant travel to far to get him treated
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with today.

Do you want me to give you the website to check where your local PDSA is?

Or did you want to give me your post code and I can check for you?

As well, would you like me to list some other possible charities that may be willing to take Titch in?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i have checked the location of the pdsa and i think the nearest one is 9 miles away i havent got transport my postcode is me104ln is there not one in sittingbourne?

Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hi again,

There isn't one based in Sittingbourne. Your closest PDSA Pet Hospital is in Gillingham (Address:Campus Way,Gillingham Business Park,Gillingham,ME8 0RR,Tel: 01634 376347).

Therefore, you may need to consider another organization. For example, there is a Sittingbourne branch of the RSPCA (HERE) that may actually come out to you to pick up Titch.

As well, you can contact the Cat's Protection, who have an adoption center in Bredhurst. Their contact information is :11 Matts Hill Rd, Sittingbourne ME9 7XA Tel: 01634-232471 . They too tend to be willing to come out to those who cannot travel to them. So that would be another option for him.

Finally, here is a list of cat charities in Kent (HERE), that may also be able to help.

I hope this information is helpful.

If you need any additional information, do not hesitate to ask!

All the best,

Dr. B.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need as this is how I am credited for assisting you today. Thank you! : )
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i would be quite willing to keep the little cat but it does need to be checked over by a vet and as i dont have the funds to pay vets bill i have no option but to contact the cats protection and see what they can do

Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for clarifying, Rosemary.

In that case, still do speak to RSPCA and Cats Protection as they may be able to help. In fact, I have worked with the RSPCA on numerous occasions where they brought in a cat for treatment (that was paid for by the RSCPA) and then it was returned to the owner afterwards. So, they can help.

Otherwise, I would also advise phoning the PDSA directly and asking if you can have a voucher for their Pet Aid Scheme. This is for places where the PDSA hospitals are out of reach. And in that case, they will give a set amount of money to cover care at a local participating vets (which are most of them). So, that may also be an option here for local care if you did want to keep him.

All the best,

Dr. B.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

thank will do

Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
You are very welcome,

All the best to you both,
Dr. B.

Please remember to rate my answer when you are satisfied as this is how I am credited for assisting you today. IF you have any lingering questions or concerns, please stop and reply to me via the REPLY or CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek. Thank you. :)

Dr. B., Board Certified Veterinarian
Experience: General practice veterinary surgeon with extensive experience in a wide range of species.