Joan
Joan, Internet Researcher
Experience:  I believe that knowledge is Power! I would like to try to share my knowledge with others.
5071285

How can I safely file my tortoise's overgrown beak?

Customer Question

Hello, how can I safely file my tortoise's overgrown beak?
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes i will wait for reply thank you

Expert:  Joan replied 2 years ago.
Hello,My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years with special interest in Reptiles and Reptile Rescue.I never recommend trimming a beak on your own. It is very easy to crack the beak or injure leaving the tortoise open for an infection or mouth rot. I am going to give you some Herp Vets who can do the trim properly where the beak will not have problems. These are Herp Vets that can treat the tortoise: http://www.livefoods.co.uk/Vets.php#I hope this will help you and your tortoise.Joan