Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of small animal internal medicine, surgery and preventive medicine.
25161683

My 3 year old Terrier - yorkie/jackie/shizu cross - has just

My 3 year old Terrier - yorkie/jackie/shizu cross - has just eaten 1/2 a 5mg vetmedin after my visiting dof spat it out. What should I do a I am unable to get her to a vet.
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 2 years ago.
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice. There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you. 1- How much does your dog weigh? 2- How long has it been since she took the vetmedin?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

She weighs 11 kg and she ate it about 40 mins ago

Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 2 years ago.
Friend, 1/2 of a vetmedin 5mg is Not going to be toxic to an 11 kg dog; she will be fine, no symptoms expected. No need to worry. Please do not forget to rate my answer - I hope you found it to be excellent. If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know. It’s my goal to provide you with excellent service." Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Many thanks I' am not being rude but I hope I don't have to panic like this again. I am glad of your valuable service.

Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 2 years ago.
I really understand your concern, better to act quick and be safe. You're welcome.