Dr. B.
Dr. B., Board Certified Veterinarian
Experience:  General practice veterinary surgeon with extensive experience in a wide range of species.
60269376

My mum has got a male dog hes poorly and hurt is leg shes on

Customer Question

my mum has got a male dog hes poorly and hurt is leg shes on benefits and hasn't got a lot of money can you help her
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 2 years ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

Actually, if your mum is on benefits, then she will be eligible to get Charlie local aid even if her funds are low. To start, if she is on housing or tax benefits, then he is eligible to be seen by the PDSA. Even if she doesn't have a local PDSA hospital, he will be able to be treated under the Pets Aid Scheme they provide. To find the PDSA nearest to her and check her eligibility, you can check HERE.

If she is not eligible, there is still hope. I appreciate it would be a wee trek, but if you are local enough to London or Grimsby, the Blue Cross (HERE) will see animals in this pet’s situation and as a charity their services are subsidized significantly. London also has the Battersea Dog and Cat Home who offer low cost clinics for pets.

Finally, if the above aren't options, then I would advise contacting the local RSPCA branch (http://www.rspca.org.uk/whatwedo/yourlocal ). The RSPCA does have some hospitals (ie Salford, London, Birmingham, etc) that they will see animals directly. Still, if she is not near these, then some branches can still help subsidize or even cover the costs of getting his treatment. They may even be able to help organize a payment plan and refer her to their contracted vet, who will likely have a contracted price range for their charity.

Overall, if he is poorly and injured, then he will need some help. Since most human treatments are risky for dogs, it would be best for her to use the above since she will be eligible to get him the help he needs.

I hope this information is helpful.

If you need any additional information, do not hesitate to ask!

All the best,

Dr. B.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need as this is how I am credited for assisting you today. Thank you! : )