Dr Scott Nimmo
Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon.
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

Good Afternoon! I have a query regarding two rescue dogs which

Good Afternoon! I have a query regarding two rescue dogs which my daughters has agreed to take from a Rescue Centre in Essex, The rescue centre is charging a fee of £135 each although my daughter only wanted one small dog she was told that these two dogs have always been together therefore she has agreed to take both of them into her loving home. After taking them to be groomed. deflead. wormed , and purchased special diet food for me as they are very overweight she has also been told that they need urgent Dental treatment and possible extractions at a cost of £500. My daughter for the animals comfort has agreed to have this work carried out but when she asked the Rescue Centre if as a good will jesture if they would reduce the adoption fee they refused and said bring them back if you cant afford it!!!! This I feel is a totally wrong attitude as these dogs have already been to two other homes who brought them back for the same reason. My question is do you think the PDSA would carry out this work a little cheaper (even though my daughter is not on benefits) and do you think that this rescue centre should be homing animals who are in need of medical attention. Your comments would be appreciated many thanks
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome, Just to let you know that I am locked on to your question and am working on it now.My name is***** and I am a small animal vet with many years experience and rest assured I will do my best to answer your question to your satisfaction today. You can expect a written reply sometime within the next fifteen minutes or so.We also have the option to talk things over by telephone or via an internet service such as Skype. Please get back to me if this is more convenient for you. { There is a small extra charge for phone calls }Regards,Dr Scott
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No I will wait for your written response will it come up on this screen or do I have to go into my E Mail screen please thank you

you will be able to read my reply here ... Regards, *****
Hello again and thanks for waiting. I have worked out an answer for you below ... 1. First of all let me say how much I admire you and your daughter for taking these dogs in and giving them a good home. I spent most of my working life in Essex { South Woodham Ferrers } and have dealt with the PDSA in the area in the past many times. My experience is that they are very strict as far as their clients go and it is very unlikely that they will deal with anyone who does not meet their criteria as far as benefits etc go, no matter how worthy the cause. Sorry ... 2. It does seem to me that you have not been treated fairly by the rescue organisation, it does not seem fair that they re-home dogs in need of veterinary attention and expect the new owners to be saddled with the expense. You would have thought that some gesture of some kind should have been made, that said there is no particular legislation to cover these situations and so the rescue homes can set whatever rules and regulations they like. I hope I have covered your question fully enough but if you would like further clarification or to talk things over a bit more then I will be on-line for the next hour or so and I will be more than pleased to continue working with you. Regards, ***** be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.
Experience: BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sorry are you waiting for more information if so what information please ?

Sorry for the confusion, you gave me all the information I really needed to answer your question, but of course I am glad to keep talking things over with you if necessary. Regards, ***** *****