How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Scott Nimmo Your Own Question
Dr Scott Nimmo
Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon.
Category: Vet
Satisfied Customers: 140
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041
Type Your Vet Question Here...
Dr Scott Nimmo is online now

We have an 15 year old male yorky pedigree who has developed

Customer Question

we have an 15 year old male yorky pedigree who has developed a cough over the last 6 months when he drinks water he coughs for about 2 minutes its although the water has gone down the wrong way I took him to his vet who gave him tablets name starting with p but it didn't make any difference they said his heart was good 90 percent of his lungs were ok the other 10 per cent was crackly I know yorkies have a problem with their windpipe can you suggest anything to help this situation thanks mr Robert Mathieson
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Vet
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 2 years ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

Did Scout's vet xray his chest and throat?

Was the medication Prednisone/Prednisolone?

Does he cough when excited?

Is it harsh or soft?