Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in large and small animal medicine.
16881297

My lasso lapso has a disc out of place will it heal as he can't

Customer Question

My lasso lapso has a disc out of place will it heal as he can't walk on his back paws he is in the vets on pain and anti swelling treatment but I have had so many different things that can happen to him please give me some good news thank you
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 1 year ago.
Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

This is not uncommon in this breed and there is a very good prognosis with the medications and if you are very careful to not allow sweet Alfie to jump up or down or even climb steps to allow this disc to stabilize. In very bad situations, the disc can be removed but since Alfie is so young, this disc will stabilize so he feels better and will go back to his old happy self.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****