Dr. B.
Dr. B., Board Certified Veterinarian
Experience:  General practice veterinary surgeon with extensive experience in a wide range of species.
60269376

Can you give your dog buscopan to treat bronchitis because

Customer Question

can you give your dog buscopan to treat bronchitis because that what my vet gave me and I looked it up and it dose not mention anything about bronchitis can you please help me .
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

Actually, it can be used for bronchitis in dogs (and people too). One of the lesser known effects of Buscopan (Hyoscine) is that it can reduce secretions in the lungs to reduce congestion within them. So, while it is often used with other medications (ie bronchodilators, anti-inflammatories, antibiotics if we have secondary infection); it is a reasonable drug choice in trying to reduce the effects of bronchitis for Bruno.

I hope this information is helpful.

If you need any additional information, do not hesitate to ask!

All the best,

Dr. B.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need as this is how I am credited for assisting you today. Thank you! : )