Dr. Michael Salkin
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience.
55012488

I am required to give 2 examples of behavioural characteristics

Customer Question

I am required to give 2 examples of behavioural characteristics in a dog which has low heritability and 2 examples which has high heritability - please can you advise?
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 2 years ago.
Yes, fears and phobias are examples of low heritability behavior. For example, fear of people and noise phobias which are considered learned behavior. High heritability behavior is often innate - feeding behavior, prey behavior, elimination behavior, and breed-related behavior such as herding and hunting. Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.
Thank you for your kind accept. I appreciate it.
You may receive an inappropriate follow up sent by the site ostensibly sent by me. It wasn't and I apologize in advance should you receive it.