Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in large and small animal medicine.
16881297

My dog ran into a gatepost and is now limping but he is fine

Customer Question

my dog ran into a gatepost and is now limping but he is fine when i touch his leg and he is kinder walking on it. should i be worried?
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 2 years ago.
Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

Most likely your guy has only bruised or sprained something in his leg. If it were broken, he would not b using it at all. The best thing you can do for now, as long as he will eat, is to give him aspirin at 5 mg per pound every 12 hrs for 4-5 days. This will relieve the infammation that is causing his pain and help resolve this. You do nto need to be too concerned about this unless he does not respond to the aspirin....in this case, it will be good to have this xrayed by your vet to be sure.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes thank you, ***** ***** sense. silly question but the same aspirin as we take?

Yes, it is the same....regular aspirin is 325 mg and baby aspirin is 81 mg. Figure out the best dose for your guy and i will really help him past this trauma.

Good luck!
Thank you so much for your kind rating. It is very much appreciated! Even though you have rated, we can still communicate. If you have other questions, please Reply. I am always happy to help. I hope your guy feels better soon!

Have a wonderful day!