Dr Scott Nimmo
Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon.
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

There I have and 8 month old lab male dog I woke up this

Customer Question

Hi there I have and 8 month old lab male dog I woke up this morning and his eye was swollen and drooped slightly it's weeping and he keeps getting like yellow crust in the corner it's itchy too as I have been wiping it with warm water cotton wool and he likes to rub it against it I have contacted vets but didn't wanna go in emergency as he is not in pain Gould I keep cleaning it and take him tkmorrw if it doesn't improve?
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

Is the eyeball swollen to the tissue around it?
Does the eye ball look hazy/cloudy?

Could he have injured or bumped the eye?

How long has the yellow crust been present?

Can you take a photo of this? If you can do so and post them online, it will let me see what you are seeing. To post them, you can either use the paper clip on the tool bar. Or if you cannot see that on your phone/computer, then you can post them on any site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, Imgr etc) and paste the web address here for me to have a peek.