Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in large and small animal medicine.
16881297

Millie is eleven years old and is frequently raking the

Customer Question

Millie is eleven years old and is frequently raking the carpet under the bed or under the table. she also shakes and pants
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 1 year ago.
Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question. I worry about your sweet girl because of her age, that this behavior could be related to a metabolic dysfunction. The first thing you should do is to have your vet run a complete work up on your girl to determine if there are any problems with liver disease or other metabolic issues or arthritis issues causing severe pain. If these are ruled out and the shaking and odd behavior can be decreased using anti anxiety meidcations such as Clomicalm that you can get form your vet. Also, purchase a DAP Collar available at the pet store. This is a canine pheromone that acts as a calming agent. This may help her past this. Does that make sense to you? Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you. Sincerely, ***** *****