Dr Scott Nimmo
Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon.
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

I have a border collie age 12, her back legs are failing....is

I have a border collie age 12, her back legs are failing....is there anything I can do? I have insurance but I don't want to hear their answer
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome,This is just a quick note to let you know that I am locked on to your question and am working on it now.My name is***** and I am a small animal vet with many years experience and rest assured I will do my best to answer your question to your satisfaction today. However before I can start I need a little more information to make things clearer for me so could you please answer the following :1. Is Lilly on any prescribed drugs of any kind at present?You can then expect a written reply sometime within the next fifteen minutes or so.We also have the option to talk things over by telephone or via an internet service such as Skype if this is more convenient for you. Please get back to me if this is more suitable for you. { There is a small extra charge for phone calls }Regards,Dr Scott
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no medication
Hello again and thanks for waiting. I have worked out an answer for you below ... 1. It would be well worth having your vet take a look, senior dogs such as Lilly often have hind leg mobility problems in my experience and prescription anti-arthritis / anti-inflammatory drugs such as Metacam can often make a big difference to your dogs quality of life. These sorts of drugs are given orally or just added to the dog's food each day. In fact I have known owners become quite emotional on the difference to their dog's lives when I made the first check after prescribing such drugs. I hope I have covered your question fully enough but if you would like further clarification or to talk things over a bit more then I will be on-line for the next hour or so and I will be more than pleased to continue working with you. Regards, ***** be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.
Hello again , Just a short note to thank you very much for the good rating. I should be available online for the next four or five hours today so please do not hesitate get straight back to me if Lilly's condition changes in any way or you would like to talk things over with me further. Kindest regards, *****