Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in large and small animal medicine.
16881297

I think my sprocker spaniel has an ear infection, he is shaking

Customer Question

I think my sprocker spaniel has an ear infection, he is shaking his head 5-10 times a day, he will scratch his ears and he has a brown discharge, where can I get antibiotic ear drops?
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 2 years ago.
Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question. It does sound like your guy has an ear infection The only thing you can do for now is to apply a few drops of Swimmer's Ear, available at the human chemist or pharmacy. Do this every 6 hrs and massage this down and wipe out the excess. This will dry out the ear so the infection cannot grow. It is best to have your vet examine this to make sure that there is not a foreign body or other issue that is causing your guy this distress. Your vet can prescribe an antibiotic drop for your guys ears that may be more effective. Does that make sense to you? Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you. Sincerely, ***** *****