Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of small animal internal medicine, surgery and preventive medicine.
25161683

My dog is 54 kilos he is a rottweiler he has just eaten a pack

My dog is 54 kilos he is a rottweiler he has just eaten a pack of 10 10mg hayfever tablets they contain loratadine.
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 2 years ago.
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice. There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you. 1- How long has it been since he ate the tablets? 2- Do you have hydrogen peroxide 3%?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

He ate the tablets about 15 minutes ago and no i dont have hydrogen peroxide

Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 2 years ago.
Do the tablets have pseudoephedrine (see ingredients)?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ingredients are 10mg of loratadine and lactose

Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 2 years ago.
Friend, unlikely for 100mg of Loratadine to be life threatening to a 54kg dog; you may see at worst mild gastrointestinal symptoms like vomiting or diarrhea; may see some sedation as well otherwise your dog will be fine. No need to be overly concern. Please do not forget to rate my answer - I hope you found it to be excellent. If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know. It’s my goal to provide you with excellent service." Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!