Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan, Veterinarian
Experience:  12 years with dogs, cats, exotic, wildlife and zoo animals, PLEASE rate my service when satisfied.
17018043

My cat is trying to go to the loo all the time as if she is

Customer Question

My cat is trying to go to the loo all the time as if she is constipated. She has eaten but seems unsettled.??
Expert:  Dr. Dan replied 2 years ago.
Hello!Thank you for your question, I'm Dr. Dan and I'll try to help you. When she does go to the box does she produce anything at all? Either urine or feces? Dr. Dan
Expert:  Dr. Dan replied 2 years ago.
Hello!Thank you for your question, I'm Dr. Dan and I'll try to help you.When she does go to the box does she produce anything at all? Either urine or feces?Dr. Dan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No

Expert:  Dr. Dan replied 2 years ago.
The last time she did have a stool was it normal, soft or really firm? Dr. Dan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I don't know as I don't follow her round

Expert:  Dr. Dan replied 2 years ago.
Since she is eating still you should pick up some Miralax : http://www.amazon.co.uk/Miralax-82076-Powder-Doses-4-1/dp/B000NIAZMM Mix 1/2 teaspoon in her food daily, if she is constipated this will help in about 24-36 hours. If this is not helping in that time frame then the straining just as likely could be due to an irritated bladder. An irritated bladder causes repeated urgency to urinate but not much if anything comes out. This is very difficult to tell between constipation and urine straining. In that case she needs to have her urine tested by the vet to get her proper treatment. Try the Miralax first if not better it's time to see her vet. Dr. Dan