Dr Scott Nimmo
Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon.
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

My 7 year old male cat had a biospy on Tues from under his

Customer Question

My 7 year old male cat had a biospy on Tues from under his chin to diagnose feline acne, lupis etc. He was very groggy and out of it for 24 hours. Ever since he has been lethargic and seems depressed and has only done one poo. He is walking about and eating quite well but sleeps more and isn't playing and seems wary of jumping even though he manages quite well. He just isn't himself. He is on prednisolone 5mg one a day and I wonder if they aren't agreeing with him.
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 2 years ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.
Is Jet otherwise healthy?
Did he have pre-anesthesia bloods checked? Was all normal?
Are his gums nice and pink?
How much does he weigh?
Any belly discomfort if you press there?
Any straining to pass stool?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes, he was always a healthy cat. I don't know if he had bloods done...He is quite a big cat, maybe a bit over weight but not fat. I pressed his belly and it doesn't seem to bother him much. He has only done one poo which was quite hard.
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 2 years ago.
And do you have an idea of how much he weighs? The reason I am asking is so I can back calculate that steroid dose and appreciate just how high of one he is on.