Dr. B.
Dr. B., Board Certified Veterinarian
Experience:  General practice veterinary surgeon with extensive experience in a wide range of species.
60269376

Have had an email from a pet store about Zylkene. Is it as

Customer Question

Have had an email from a pet store about Zylkene. Is it as good as it makes out? I have a Staffie who is terrified of fireworks, gunshot, cars -including mine. I have tried plug in remedies, and various calming remedies, but to no avail. I still have a shaking trembling pet. Can you help me?
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian & I would like to help you with your wee one today.
Actually, we do find Zylkene very helpful with dogs that have noise phobia issues. Personally, I have used it successfully for a number of canine patients with fireworks phobia.
That said, its success does vary by dog. Therefore, if your wee one is very sensitive to noise, then it would be ideal to use this but also work at desensitizing him. To do so, there are a range of sound therapy CD's on the market and these can be used over time to help him learn that these noises do not equate with harm. If we can do that and build confidence that is actually the best approach for the long term. But again in regards ***** ***** question Zylkene is one of my top 2 (Kalmaid being another OTC option) for helping our noise sensitive patients.
I hope this information is helpful.
If you need any additional information, do not hesitate to ask!
All the best, *****
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need as this is how I am credited for assisting you today. Thank you! : )