Dr. Deb
Dr. Deb, Veterinarian
Experience:  I have been a practicing veterinarian for over 30 years.
60411192

My dog has a cut about an inch long under his ear after being

my dog has a cut about an inch long under his ear after being bit by another dog - there is a tiny bit of blood but it is not bleeding - i have antisceptic wipes and cream here and he is up to date with his injections - shall i take him to a vets today? or wait until tomo when he has an appointment anyway.
he seems completely fine and in no pain?
thanks
Expert:  Dr. Deb replied 1 year ago.
Hello James, I'm Dr. Deb and will do my best to help you. I'm sorry that your dog has been injured. Unless the wound would require suturing (which it doesn't sound like it would), a vet visit today isn't necessary.I would continue to clean the area with the wipes you have or with dilute Betadine/Iodine (to the color of weak tea).You can apply antibiotic ointment such as we would use on a wound for ourselves (if this isn't the cream that you have).I don't know if you have Vetericyn Spray in the UK but it's an excellent product for lesions such as this. Here in the States, it's available at local pet or grain stores or online but obviously the latter won't help you today. In most cases, superficial wounds will heal just find without the use of oral antibiotics. I hope this helps and that he heals quickly. Deb
Expert:  Dr. Deb replied 1 year ago.
Hello again,The site has changed its policy recently such that I need to click on a separate box to indicate that you can now rate my response if you choose to do so. Since I inadvertently neglected to follow this new procedure, I'm sending this follow up message with the box clicked.My apologies for any confusion this might cause. Deb