Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in large and small animal medicine.
16881297

Is milk of magnesia ok old cat who has an upset

Customer Question

is milk of magnesia ok for my16yr old cat who has an upset tummy?
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 1 year ago.
Good Morning and welcome. I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question. The best thing for your older cat for a digestive disturbance is either Pepcid AC at 0.5 mg per pound every 8 hrs or Pepto Bismol at 1 teaspoon every 8 hrs. Milk of magnesia will be too strong for your old friend. I fear, because of your cats age, that this may be due to a Pancreatitis so if there is no response to either medication, take your cat for an exam to your vet.Does that make sense to you?Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please Reply so I can clarify for you Sincerely, ***** *****
Thank you so much for your kind rating. It is very much appreciated! Even though you have rated, we can still communicate. If you have other questions, please Reply. I am always happy to help. I hope Bubbalina feels beter soon!
Have a great day!