Dr. Michael Salkin
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience.
55012488

My Siamese cat has conjunctivis in one eye.I took her to

Customer Question

HI
My Siamese cat has conjunctivis in one eye.I took her to the vets,she had injections,cream for her eye twice...the had an operation where bad teeth were removed,which I was told was directly below her eye....2 months later she still has it,this morning the eye was weeping badly....and it seems the third eye that cats have has got a lot thicker..please help don't want to take her back to the same vet,cost me a lot of money for the treatment with no result
derek
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry to hear of this with Suki. There are two main consideration in such a patient. The first is that an osteomyelitis (bone infection) still exists secondary to the teeth root infections and the second is that a dacryocystitis exists and is causing the persistent ocular changes. You don't have to return to the same vet but you will need a vet - preferably a specialist veterinary ophthlamologist such as can be found here: http://www.rvc.ac.uk/small-animal-referrals/ophthalmology or here: http://vetspecialists.co.uk/clinical_services/ophthalmology_service.html to investigate Suki's eye further. X-rays will be necessary to detect osteomyelitis and cannulizing and flushing Suki's tear apparatus will be necessary to resolve a dacryocystitis (infection of the lacrimal (tear) ducts and sac). I'm afraid that I don't see any alternative to yet more expense to you. Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.