Dr Scott Nimmo
Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon.
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

My very old dog( 16/17) who is otherwise healthy is suffering

Customer Question

My very old dog( 16/17) who is otherwise healthy is suffering from chattering teeth even though he's not cold
Expert:  Dr. Dan M. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I am sure Basil is just fine and certainly not cold. This is a common thing we see in dogs especially older ones. It sounds like he has a tremor, which is a common finding in older dogs. no one knows exactly the cause but it could be from the natural ageing process of the brain.As long as Basil is well in himself, eating and drinking and not vomiting or has diarrhoea, then I would not be concerned. Sometimes these types of movements can be a very mild form of a seizure, so ensure you mention it the next time he is at the vets. Also if he worsens in any way (cannot move, is having a fit, off his food, or loses his balance) then get him checked out sooner. Regards ***** ***** Makin
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you. He is in good form and eating well so we will just cherish him for as long as we have him!
Fantastic! he sounds like an amazing dog.Glad to help Dan