Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of small animal internal medicine, surgery and preventive medicine.
25161683

My 3 month long haired chouwowa sorry can not spell, has swallowd

Customer Question

My 3 month long haired chouwowa sorry can not spell, has swallowd 10mg ofamitriptyline
i droped on the flour,i have given her some water
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice. 1- How much does Dolores weigh? 2- How long has it been since she took Amitriptyline? 3- Do you have hydrogen peroxide 3%?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i think she is 1049gram

about an hour

no sorry

Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.
Friend, the dose your puppy took of Amitriptyline is of 10mg/kg, this could potentially be fatal for her if she is not treated by a veterinarian. Unfortunately we are very limited as to what you can do at home, highly recommend taking her to nearest ER vet immediately so they can induce vomiting and start her on supportive care. You need to move quickly before the pill moves out of the stomach. Do not wait any longer. I realize that this answer may not be entirely to your liking, and I regret being the bearer of information that you really don’t want to hear. But it would be unfair to you and unprofessional of me were I to provide you with anything less than truthful and honest information. I hope you understand. Please do not forget to rate my answer - I hope you found it to be excellent. If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know. It’s my goal to provide you with excellent service." Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon! Dr. Peter