Dr Scott Nimmo
Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon.
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

My dog started a sudden diarrhoea this morning (10:30), which

Customer Question

My dog started a sudden diarrhoea this morning (10:30), which lasted all day(14:00, 19:00, 20:30). At 19:00 one, his stool had some plastic type of paper in it together with other garbage like objects. Other times, it was simply very liquid-y. No blood detected. He looks tired and stays on his mat. Usually he is a very active dog. I saw him eat a small piece of item in the park this morning about 10:00, but that is the only thing I can think of. On the way to the park around 9:30, his stool was still normal. Is there anything I should do now? Or do you think I can wait until tomorrow to take him to the vet?
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. I am sorry to learn Moon is not feeling well. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice. 1- Any vomiting? 2- Is responsive and alert if you call him? 3- Can you take a look at his gums and see if they are pink or pale? 4- Can you take his rectal temperature?