Dr. B.
Dr. B., Board Certified Veterinarian
Experience:  General practice veterinary surgeon with extensive experience in a wide range of species.
60269376

I have just ran over a rabbit. 1 hind leg is broken.

Customer Question

Hello, I have just ran over a rabbit. 1 hind leg is broken. What should I do?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome. I am Dr B and would like to help you.
In this case, as this rabbit is suffering, we'd want to have it seen urgently. Therefore you can take it directly to your local emergency vet ( ie Vets Now) or you can ring your local vet practice ( as practices in our country are required to offer out of hours care). They will be able to assess the damage and his prognosis. If he is wild, euthanasia may be indicated but otherwise they can get this wee one into rabbit safe pain relief (as human ones are toxic) and take him for care.
Please take care,
Dr. B