Dr. B.
Dr. B., Board Certified Veterinarian
Experience:  General practice veterinary surgeon with extensive experience in a wide range of species.
60269376

Can I still flea my cat as normal if he is suffering anemia

Can I still flea my cat as normal if he is suffering anemia ?
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.
It would be ideal to treat Tom for fleas at this stage, especially since fleas can worsen anemia if they are preying on our cats. Still, if his anemia is severe and/or he is weak or severely compromised, then you could consider using a lower dose of his usual flea treatment. Or you could speak to his vet about using Frontline spray (not the spot-on), as this is safe for use in young kittens and should be safe for an older kitty like Tom.
I hope this information is helpful.
If you need any additional information, do not hesitate to ask!
All the best,
Dr. B.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need as this is how I am credited for assisting you today. Thank you! : )