Dr. Stacy
Dr. Stacy, Veterinarian
Experience:  10 years of experience in Small Animal Practice
21779527

Is it possible to bring your dog into season

Customer Question

is it possible to bring your dog into season for breeding
Expert:  Dr. Stacy replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. My name is***** I have been a small animal veterinarian for 13 years. As long as it has been at least 4 months since her last heat you can try to bring her in with CabergolineIt works about 80% of the time. The protocol is to give 5micrograms per kilogram daily until the come into heat... it can take 3-4 weeks. This is something your veterinarian can order for you from a compounding pharmacy. It can be expensive. If your veterinarian is unfamiliar with this protocol, they can look it up easily enough in the Plumb drug book that most veterinarians have.Dr. StacyIf you have additional questions, please ask, if not, please don't forget to rate my answer.