Dr Scott Nimmo
Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon.
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

My cat keeps licking his willy. He has now started crying out

Customer Question

My cat keeps licking his willy. He has now started crying out and growling. Is this an emergency? Will he be ok if I get an appointment next week. He is still eating and drinking. It is mostly after he has passed urine
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome, This is just a quick note to let you know that I am locked on to your question and am working on it now. My name is***** and I am a small animal vet with many years experience and rest assured I will do my best to answer your question to your satisfaction today. You can expect a written reply sometime within the next fifteen minutes or so. We also have the option to talk things over by telephone or via an internet service such as Skype. Please get back to me if this is more convenient for you. { There is a small extra charge for phone calls } Regards, *****
Hello again Laura Sorry to hear your cat is uncomfortable, however I have worked out an answer for you ... 1. In the male cat these sorts of symptoms can be very serious indeed as sometimes they can quickly lead to a blockage of the urethra { The tube from the bladder to the outside. } Basically the safest thing you can do is to have him checked over by a vet at the earliest possible opportunity. 2. If he can still pass urine then you need not run to an ER vet in the middle of the night but your cat should checked over within the next 12 hours or so. Failure to pass urine would want an immediate consult with an ER vet. 3. Here is a link to an accurate article which cover what can go wrong with the bladder of male cats : LINKI hope I have covered your question fully enough but if you would like further clarification or to talk things over a bit more then I will be on-line for the next hour or so and I will be more than pleased to continue working with you. Regards, ***** ***** be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I look forward to your reply as I am very worried
.
Hello again Laura,I am just checking back in to see how your cat is getting on after our recent dialogue concerning his urinary tract problem.How are things going?Regards,Dr ScottPlease be kind enough to rate my service to you { Using the site rating system }, such feedback really helps me maintain the quality of my answers.