Dr Scott Nimmo
Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinary Surgeon.
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

Whilst walking my dog a cocker spaniel today she ran away and

Customer Question

whilst walking my dog a cocker spaniel today she ran away and later I found her at home in the back garden where she wil of had to climb a fence, I let her in the house and she was walking fine but panting quite heavily her heart beating fast I attended to her rubbed her down brusher I thought she was wellthen she had her evening meal and stettled down but wanted losts of comforting as the evening has progressed she is limping from her her front left hand shoulder where her chest is very warm will this just be a sprain from the exhurtion of climbing should I take her to see a vet tonight or leave it until the morning
she is laid out and resting just now.
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice. 1- Did you check her paw/pads for any injury or lacerations? 2- She is bearing weight on the limb, correct? 3- Any swelling? 4- How much does she weigh? 5- Is she on any medications? 6- Any pre existing medical conditions?