Dr. Andy
Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  2003 Graduate
14008320

My dog has eaten part of the contents of a Nespresso pod. She

My dog has eaten part of the contents of a Nespresso pod. She weighs 6.5kg. Will she be OK?
Expert:  Dr. Andy replied 2 years ago.
Hello, When did Flo ingested it?Is she still eating and drinking normally? Dr. Andy
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
About half an hour ago, and yes she has been eating and drinking
Expert:  Dr. Andy replied 2 years ago.
Sonds good. Pooping could be another 1-2 days! sometimes with immodium. It is strong stuff. Good Luck
Expert:  Dr. Andy replied 2 years ago.
Oops sorry not meant for you. I will respond momentarily.
Expert:  Dr. Andy replied 2 years ago.
Hello, Well, the concern is that you have a smaller dog, so Flo may not tolerate that much of a pod compared to a labrador ingesting it. I am not worried about any toxicity but it could cause some gastrointestinal issues. So, you will need to closely monitor for any vomiting, diarrhea, refusing to eat, hypersalivating or panting to suggest nausea. If any symptoms were to occur, than a vet visit for some basic supportive care is all that should be necessary.
Expert:  Dr. Andy replied 2 years ago.
Otherwise, I don't see any indication to induce vomiting and I would still feed as you normally do. Hope that information helpsDr. Andy
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Expert:  Dr. Andy replied 2 years ago.
You are very welcome. Even if no symptoms, diarrhea could still take a day or longer to manifest, so keep an eye out for any illness and get to a local vet if any basic treatment is needed. Good Luck