Dr. B.
Dr. B., Board Certified Veterinarian
Experience:  General practice veterinary surgeon with extensive experience in a wide range of species.
60269376

Sparky had his anal glands cleaned saturday but still licks

Sparky had his anal glands cleaned saturday but still licks his backside and an area on his back near his tail he still tends to look about at nothing,if stroking him he gets agitated and runs to his bed, then starts licking again
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Good afternoon George,
If you have not already, I would strongly advise trying the antihistamines I suggested above. As well, you can try applying a small dose of OTC hydrocortisone cream to that irritated area to help soothe it for him.
Otherwise, if you have and find that is not settling Sparky's signs enough, then do ring his vet and request they dispense a short course of anti-inflammatories. (since they just saw him for this, they should be fine to do so). These can just soothe the skin and any residual gland inflammation to help get him settled here.
All the best,
Dr. B.