Dr. B.
Dr. B., Board Certified Veterinarian
Experience:  General practice veterinary surgeon with extensive experience in a wide range of species.
60269376

My son's mother has been told that she is not eligible to receive

My son's mother has been told that she is not eligible to receive free or discounted vet services from P.D.S.A. for his puppy in spite of her being in receipt of partial housing benefit, job seekers allowance & family allowance. What is the criteria which people must meet before they are eligible for free or discounted vet services from P.D.S.A.?
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

In regards ***** ***** question, PDSA eligibility is based on the Housing Benefits (which they may have issues with her's being a partial one), receiving Council Tax Support / Reduction Scheme, or Universal Credit. Furthermore, she would need to be in their catchment area. Though that is a lesser issue since if she were eligible and outside that she could still get the Pet Aid Scheme (where the PDSA chips in a set amount of funds for the dog's care at a local vet). That all said, if the PDSA has turned her down, then her next best option is to look for her local RSPCA hospital or contact the local branch for help. They can be found via http://www.rspca.org.uk/whatwedo/yourlocal

I hope this information is helpful.

If you need any additional information, do not hesitate to ask!

All the best,

Dr. B.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need as this is how I am credited for assisting you today. Thank you! : )