Joan
Joan, Internet Researcher
Experience:  I believe that knowledge is Power! I would like to try to share my knowledge with others.
5071285

My gerbil has hurt her tail what can I put on it to help?

Customer Question

Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.
Hello,My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years with special interest in small animals and exotics. The tail being degloved requires seeing a Vet for treatment. The tail needs to be amputated above the degloving and sutured closed. It is important to clean with some Diluted Betadine Solution(Provodine Iodine) and water. Do not use the Germoline, because it has Phenol in it and is toxic. The Vet can give a pain killer and Antibiotic to aid with healing. If I have addressed your concerns, please take a moment to rate my service Positive.Joan
Expert:  Joan replied 1 year ago.
Checking in to see how the Gerbil is doing. Hope the tail is better and my information was helpful.
Joan