Dr. B.
Dr. B., Board Certified Veterinarian
Experience:  General practice veterinary surgeon with extensive experience in a wide range of species.
60269376

5 year old Labrador Bella has 4 days been sick in

Customer Question

5 year old Labrador Bella has for last 4 days been sick in night . She has meal at 16.00 hrs and shows no sign of sickness throughout evening . She has normal bowel movements and seems well and is her normal hungry self . The vomit seems to be watery and only last night part of her digested meal . I have given her natural yogurt .
thanks *****
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome, I am Dr. B and would like you today.
Based on Bella's signs, I would be suspicious she has a bit of low grade nausea. Since she is otherwise well during the day, it'd be worth trying a few home treatments to try to soothe her stomach.
To start, since overnight is the time the stomach is least active and full, do consider trying her with a later meal. As well, you can try her with a light diet option. Examples of what you can try are rice or pasta with boiled chicken, white fish, cottage cheese or scrambled egg. These are easier to digest and can help offset stomach upset.
Finally, since her vomiting has been overnight, you can try her on an OTC antacid. Since she is a larger breed you could try her on Zantac (2mg per kilogram of her weight every 12 hours) at bedtime to keep her settled.
Overall, Bella's signs do sound mild but do suggest a low grade nausea. So we can try the above to see if we can get her settled. Of course, if she continues to be sick, then we'd want a check with her vet to just make sure there is nothing else we need to address for wee Bella.
All the best,
Dr. B
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please remember to rate my answer when you are satisfied as this is how I am credited for assisting you today. IF you have any lingering questions or concerns,please stop and reply to me via the REPLY or CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I canto provide you with the service you seek. Thank you. :)