Dr. B.
Dr. B., Board Certified Veterinarian
Experience:  General practice veterinary surgeon with extensive experience in a wide range of species.
60269376

We have a 12 year old medium weight Labrador, and one small

We have a 12 year old medium weight Labrador, and one small 5 year old terrier and her sister who is a little larger. Can you recommend a wormer that treats lung worm please
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian & I would like to help you with your wee ones today.
If we want to treat for lungworm, then our wormer of choice would be Advocate. This is a spot on flea/worm product, so you will address this parasite as well as roundworms, mites, lice, and fleas. Otherwise, if we wanted an oral wormer that covers against lungworm, then Milbemax would be our treatment of choice. This comes as a tablet or chew and again will address lungworm concerns as well as roundworms for your dogs.
In regards ***** ***** these, you will just need to ring their vet. If they have a recent weight for all three, they should dispense these (or write a prescription if you found a cheaper price via the online pharmacies) without trouble. If they don't have a recent weight for the dogs, then you may just need to pop them in for a quick (and usually free) weight check. This is important since we need their weight to ensure we give the right dose of wormer for their size and keep them protected from lungworm.
All the best, *****
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need as this is how I am credited for assisting you today. Thank you! : )