Dr. Susan
Dr. Susan, Veterinarian
Experience:  8 years of clinical experience with specialty in veterinary pain management, urology, and geriatrics
25524280

Our cat is 18months old and over the last couple of days has

Our cat is 18months old and over the last couple of days has seemed less and less interested in eating he has been drinking still but today although he seems to ask for food he doesn't seem interested in eating it???
Expert:  Dr. Susan replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I can help you with your question today.
Expert:  Dr. Susan replied 1 year ago.
Has he had any sneezing or congestion?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you just a little concerned he really doesn't seem hiself.
Expert:  Dr. Susan replied 1 year ago.
Of course! That is concerning. His inappetence is a non-specific sign, so it doesn't really give us a specific diagnosis, but I'm worried about the possibility of pancreatitis or liver disease (such as hepatic lipidosis).
Expert:  Dr. Susan replied 1 year ago.
I do think it would be best to have him evaluated by your local vet. I would start with a physical exam and blood testing including a fPL (feline pancreatic lipase) to look for pancreatitis.
Expert:  Dr. Susan replied 1 year ago.
While we wait for the test results, they can start him on an appetite stimulant like cyproheptadine or mirtazapine as well as a recovery food like Hills A/D or Hills I/D.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you will call our local vets now.
Expert:  Dr. Susan replied 1 year ago.
You're welcome! Please let me know if you have further questions. I am happy to continue until I provide the service that you seek. Here is my website if you need to reach me again: http://www.justanswer.com/veterinary/expert-drsusanfriend/