Dr. Stacy
Dr. Stacy, Veterinarian
Experience:  10 years of experience in Small Animal Practice
21779527

My neighbour brought my cat around today apparently he has

My neighbour brought my cat around today apparently he has been sleeping in his shed for 2 days. I think it has been about ten days since I've last seen him as there is a lady around my way that keeps feeding him in and taking him in. He appears to be quite unwell he just wants to lie around not eat and has now been sick twice it is a horrible dark green colour. Is this something that needs urgent attention or can he go to vet tomorrow ?
Expert:  Dr. Stacy replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. My name is***** I have been a small animal veterinarian for 13 years and I'd like to help with your question. I suspect that it would be best to take him to a veterinarian today. I do have a few guidelines that can help decide if this is urgent or not. First, if he is cold to the touch... such as his ears and legs... do they feel cold? or if his gums are pale then I would go today. I would also go today if he is generally weak, or can't hold down anything at all. If he drinks a little water and then brings it back up for example. Or if he appears dehydrated... such as his eyes are sunken or if you life or 'tent' his skin, is it slow to return to it's normal position. If you see any of these thing then the sooner he can get to a veterinary clinic the better.I hope that helps, but if you have additional questions please let me know. If not, please rate my answer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you have any ideas what it could possibly be its just my daughter has autism so the more information I can give her the easier it is for her to cope
Expert:  Dr. Stacy replied 1 year ago.
It is difficult to say because symptoms like lethargy and vomiting can happen with so many things... they can happen if they get into something toxic or if they eat something they shouldn't. Some toxins are life threatening, some only make them sick, but they can recovery with treatment. Some bloodwork to evaluate organ function will tell you a lot more about the cause and prognosis,