Dr. B.
Dr. B., Board Certified Veterinarian
Experience:  General practice veterinary surgeon with extensive experience in a wide range of species.
60269376

I have a warter dragon with what looks like conjunctus in his

I have a warter dragon with what looks like conjunctus in his eye should i get medication or just bath with and clean it
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your situation, and wanted to help.
Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner. If you would still like assistance, can you tell me:
What color is the discharge from his eye?
Have you been spraying Germoline into the eye?
Does the eye look cloudy, hazy, or swollen?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Discharge colour was brown the germoline was watered down the eye is good put swollen it is looking much better now but still a little swollen.
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Even watered down, it is not advisable to use Germoline in eyes since it can be an eye irritant itself. If we need to flush his eyes, then we'd be best to use sterile saline (ie OTC first aid eye wash, plain contact lens solution). These are safer for use in eyes, can help flush irritants (ie sand, debris, etc), and help reduce bacterial infection.
That said, if you are seeing swelling, we do need to tread with care. This is because that can be secondary to corneal ulcers or trauma (if the eye has been scratched, abraded by cage substrate, etc). As well, if you are seeing swelling involving the tissue around the eye, then we also have the extra concern of space occupying lesions (abscesses, hematomas, growths, etc) within the region. Also we can see these kinds of issues with husbandry issues, so do make sure your UV lights are ideal and cage hygiene is good.
With all that in mind, it will depend on how much discharge we are seeing and how swollen the eye is. If it is improving, you can switch to saline and keep flushing as you monitor. Otherwise, if its not settling, we'd want a check with your local vet so that the eye can be checked for damaged +/- antibiotics can be dispensed to clear this.
All the best,
Dr. B.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need as this is how I am credited for assisting you today. Thank you! : )
Dr. B., Board Certified Veterinarian
Experience: General practice veterinary surgeon with extensive experience in a wide range of species.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your help I will act on your advice immediately thx again Bryn & Mojo
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
You are very welcome,Best wishes to you both,Dr. B.