Dr. B.
Dr. B., Board Certified Veterinarian
Experience:  General practice veterinary surgeon with extensive experience in a wide range of species.
60269376

Springer spaniel has pain in her neck and shoulders can't put

Springer spaniel has pain in her neck and shoulders can't put her head down to eat food after a hunting strain vet not open till tomarow can I give her calpol for the pain
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian & I would like to help you with your wee one today.
First, in regard to your question, you do not want to give Calpol to Elle. If anything, we can give her a low dose of buffered Aspirin (5mg per pound every 12 hours after food) to try to reduce her discomfort. Otherwise, we'd want to warm compress the neck to aid muscle relaxation, raise her dishes for ease of access, and monitor her closely. If she settles, we are happy but if this lingers then we'd want to ring her vet first thing (or the ER vet sooner) to get strong dog safe pain medication for her.
All the best, *****
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need as this is how I am credited for assisting you today. Thank you! : )